Welcome To Our Website
ROADS AHEAD DRIVING SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT: "Roads Ahead Driving School is committed to making your learning experience as enjoyable as possible, giving you the best possible chance of a first time test pass and the confidence and skill needed to drive safely for life."
Roads Ahead Driving School is solely owned by Stuart Yeowart, DSAADI, MAIRSO, who offers Driving Tuition in and around the Chesterfield area for new and more experienced drivers.
Stuart is also a Company Director of Driver Training Consultants Ltd, a newly formed company that offer driver training to companies and individuals. Stuart and his two partners have supplied driver training free of charge to the drivers at Ashgate Hospice to ensure that they are safe and eco friendly.
GET FREE ACCESS TO ONLINE THEORY TEST QUESTIONS AND HAZARD PERCEPTION VIDEO CLIPS
In March 2008 Stuart completed 30 years service with the Derbyshire Police. he is a Class 1 Police Advanced Car Driver as well as Class 1 Police Advanced Motorcyclist. He was also a member of the VIP Escort Team, for visiting royalty and other VIP's.
Advanced police drivers are recognised as amongst the safest drivers in the country, so let Stuart pass on his knowledge to you, to help you become a safer, more competent and confident driver.
He is also a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists for both car and motorcycle. Call me now on 01246 220450 or 07771 638655 for full details of how I can help you succeed
He qualified as a fully authorised ADI (Approved Driving Instructor-car), in October 2006, and taught driving lessons along side his police duties until February 2008, when Driving Instruction became his full time occupation.
Through the training he has received and the skills that he possesses he can offer a vast array of services that will not only enable you to pass your test, but will give you the confidence and ability to become a safe and competent driver for life.
Like you Stuart is well aware of the strain on people's finances and he will also teach you to drive in such a way to maximise the fuel efficiency of your vehicle as well as limiting the wear and tear on it as a result of daily use. ECO driving is something we can all learn to save not only money but benefit the environment that we all live in by reducing harmful emissions.
Insurance Discounts for 'Advanced Drivers'
By succesfully completing a three hour Advanced Driving Assessment with Stuart, Adrian Flux Insurance Services are prepared to offer discounts of up to 15%. See Insurance page for further details.
Ten Top Tips for Passing Your Test
1. DON'T ASSUME THE CHEAPEST LESSONS ARE THE BEST. Concentrate on getting great value for your money. You should get a discount for block booking. Ask about offers on post-test tuition for Motorway Driving and Advanced Tuition for Insurance Discounts with Adrian Flux Insurance Services (see above).
2. Check out how long a 'lesson' really is. Some driving schools offer lessons that are less than an hour long, or pick up and drop off other pupils on your lesson time.
3. Make sure your instructor has a green badge in the windscreen to prove they are a fully qualified Driving Standards Agency instructor. A pink licence means the instructor is a trainee and has no formal qualifications to teach you to drive.
4. Check that the car you'll drive has dual controls and is in good condition. Is there a spare car available in case of breakdown?
5. Check that the instructor can help with your theory test, and buy a good theory book or CD-ROM to help you practise.
6. Make sure your instructor keeps a record of your progress and follows the official Driving Standards Agency syllabus.
7. Apply for your theory test as soon as you start your lessons.
8. Agree with your instructor when to apply for your practical test (remember you need to pass your theory and hazard perception tests first).
9. Take at least an hour a week, preferably two, of regular lessons with a qualified instructor. They will advise you on how much tuition you should need.
10. Make sure your tuition car is available for a final lesson immediately before your test.
Sean & Becky, Peak fm (Chesterfield & North Derbyshire's Local Radio Station).
I was the subject of a 'Round Your Place' by Sean & Becky from Peak fm. I took them both out to assess their driving skills and was pleasantly surprised at their standard of driving. There was a lot of rivalry between the two, particularly about who was the 'best' driver. Sean was pretty competent but tended to drive too fast for the road conditions, and both of them did not use the mirrors enough, which is a fault that many drivers have. We all had an enjoyable few hours and I hope in the short time they both realised that driving is a skill for life and that full concentration is required at all times.